CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Amazing Lord's Day...

Today has been a wonderful day! We woke up and decided to go to my Aunt Linda and Uncle Ben's church in Winchester, KY. Uncle Ben is the minister at Forest Grove Christian Church. I am so glad we made this spontaneous trip. The church was very welcoming and friendly before they even knew that I was the Great Niece of the minister, which says a whole lot about a church!!! In Jason's words, "That church has soul". It is refreshing to worship in a church with God's people that are truly caring and loving and welcoming.

Recently we had an experience that was not as great. For all of you "church-goers" out there...I urge you to make sure you go over and beyond to make sure your visitors feel welcome, it truly makes a difference. After visiting a church recently where we were welcomed by 1 person...yes I said 1, uno...this is NOT an exaggeration, we want something totally opposite of that!!!

Anyways, after worshiping at Forest Grove we had the privilege to go to my cousin's church for a potluck (Uncle Ben and Aunt Linda's daughter...Jan). It was such great food and the people were so welcoming! I also found a fellow coupon clipper!!! YAY! And Jason thought I was nuts...I am NOT the only one! Yay! :-)

We also got to stay at Uncle Ben and Aunt Linda's and visit for a long while...it was really nice to catch up! I had not really seen them since before I went to college minus seeing them at Grandpa's funeral. And then I did not get to really see them because Gpa was so popular that we had hundreds of people to talk to. Uncle Ben and Aunt Linda have 6 kids...5 girls and 1 boy!! They have about 20 grandkids (I think that is the most updated number). They are such a great example as to how Christians should live. I am just sorry that I have not more opportunities to visit with them in life like I had today.

I have to say that the events of today helped to make this weekend one of the best weekends I have had in a while!!! Jason and I ended it by enjoying a nice pot of homemade potato soup! It was delicious! I am so thankful for all of our family! God has truly blessed my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment