CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The perfect Saturday with the love of my life...


Today was an amazing day spent with the love of my life! We had a lot of fun seeing another small glimpse of Kentucky. It was such a beautiful day...the weather was perfect! We traveled to Richmond, KY which was about a 30 minute drive and hiked a trail to what we thought would be Fort Boonesborough only to find out it was not...but we got some great pictures anyway!!! :-) Then we traveled down the road to find the real Fort!! :-) We got to the gate and realized we had to pay $8 a person to get in and Jason did not think it was worth it but I talked him into and I am so glad I did...and so is he! We had tons of fun learning some history of Daniel Boone and his family and friends. The Fort is a living historical place from April 1st to October 31st...so glad we caught it in time! We visited the gift shop and Jason found some prints of historical documents that he really liked so he got them and I got an inkwell and quill pen! I am excited to write with it!

As soon as we got back into Lexington I swear the temp dropped about 10-15 degrees! It got chili!!!! We went shopping at Hobby Lobby (my all-time favorite store!!!) Jason was a great sport! They had a lot of stuff 50% off so I got a few crosses to put on my cross wall! :-) Jason even picked a couple out that he liked.

Afterwards we were planned to go to Joe Bologna's, a local pizza place that is located in an old church but there was no where to park and it is in downtown Lexington so we voted on soup at Ol'Charlies...unfortunately it was awful but oh well! We ended the night out by picking up some necessary items at Target!

It was such a great day!!! Thank you for stopping by to see a glimpse into our crazy lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment